Wednesday 3 February 2016

REVIEW : Second to None (The Breakfast Club, Book 3) by Felice Stevens

28249054 
"Love was inescapable, indefinable, and sometimes ill-advised. It took you by the throat and shook you until your brain rattled, yet just as gently, cradled you in its loving arms." 

 Loved this book so hard ! Loved Marcus and Tyler even more!
And they're become my new favorite couple along with my Micah and Josh.
Another winner from Felice Stevens !

Once upon a time, I was stumble to a new book from a new author in MM. Book called Rescued . It was a good book and after that, I stalked the author's every new book. None of her book I haven't read. I read all of Felice's stories, because I loved all of her MCs.
Some people might now know her, yet. But I believe I have a good taste in books, so, it's your lost if you haven't read Felice's books.
Now about the book.

Right from the start with Julian and Nick's book, I was already half in love with that slutty Marcus. Hell, I never like a slutty heroes before, but Marcus dug my curiosity and I keep wondering who can tame him in the future.
Funny how faith drive us. We're looking everywhere to our soulmates, and never realised that he's right there close to us. Like Marcus when he found Tyler, a new dancer in his new club.
But Tyler is not an easy target, he's not even Marcus's one night only type.
First encounter was a fist (yeah, seemed like Marcus has a thing with a little jab on his jaw). Tyler got him right there.


Marcus never wanted to fall in love. He didn't need it. As a child, he's lack of that. And he became a bitter man.
"“I didn’t want trips to places that weren’t for children or toys that were too expensive to play with. I wanted parents who wanted me.”"

"He didn’t know how to love anyone, not like his friends loved their partners. He’d seen Julian give himself to Nick and Zach to Sam so completely, and it scared the shit out of him to lose that control, to put someone else first."

And it's so hard for him to admit that he wanted Tyler. He didn't understand why.

I'm glad Tyler didn't give up too soon for Marcus's undeniable charm, Marcus had to work hard for that, including prolonged his three months bet of celibacy to eight long months of no sex.
But it pays, because Tyler wanted him as much as he wanted Tyler. And Tyler make sure that 'everybody' knows about that!

"“I’m going to make certain that when you leave here tonight, there will be no doubt in anyone’s mind who you belong with from now on.”


And there are also my other guys from the other series, my Micah and Josh !
Not just as cameo, they're helping Tyler and Marcus solved some of their life problems as well ! <3
And I I love how a man of no relationship, no need family like Marcus, falls head over heels over a little girl named Lillie. Aww !
Seriously, I don't care about Marcus's past hurts with his parents, as long as Tyler can make him whole.

"“I don’t want to leave because I need you.” He pressed a clumsy kiss to the corner of Marcus’s mouth. “I love you.” Marcus stilled and held Tyler a bit closer. “Do you know that’s the first time anyone’s ever said that to me?”"

IMHO, Felice is getting better and better with her writing. And I haven't let down even once.
Loved all the boys, and I'm sure there are many more to come . Bring it on Felice !

About an author

Felice have always been a romantic at heart. I believe that while life is tough, there is always a happy ending around the corner, My character have to work for it, however. Like life in NYC, nothing comes easy and that includes love.

I live in New York City with my husband and two children and hopefully soon a cat of my own. My day begins with a lot of caffeine and ends with a glass or two of red wine. I practice law but daydream of a time when I can sit by a beach somewhere and write beautiful stories of men falling in love. Although there is bound to be angst along the way, a Happily Ever After is always guaranteed.


Buy link  http://amzn.to/1S7CfDg

No comments:

Post a Comment